As a coach, one of my primary roles is to ensure that you and your team are operating at your peak level. To achieve this, there are a number of initiatives that we need to work on, one of them being your behavioural beliefs. This is crucial as it is not your personality or your natural talent that will ensure your success, rather, it is your behaviour.
What type of Leader are you?
It is an online assessment that is followed up by an expert debriefing that I conduct 1 on 1, including a comprehensive report. The assessment measures behavioural preferences, typical reactions to pressure and stress, how you prefer to learn, preferred work environment, job ideals and more. If you are looking for a good cultural fit between your employees, and you are interested in ensuring that you have the right “bums on the right seats”, then a Selector assessment is a must have.
 If you or one of your team members are wanting to improve your performance, in particular leadership or self-awareness development then Selector will benefit you
 If you are interviewing for new sales staff or managerial roles, then performing a Selector psychometric assessment is highly recommended. A poor candidate selection is extremely costly to any company as this affects the team, the individual’s performance to carry out the role as well as the lost opportunity cost to you company.
Our most comprehensive tool is Selector Professional. We recommend this for senior executive or strategically important roles, and where an in-depth understanding is required of how a person operates within the workplace when interacting with others. When combined with our expert interpretation, Selector Professional provides invaluable understanding of a person’s abilities, vocational preferences, interpersonal interaction styles, work styles, motivations, resilience and ability to handle stressful situations. Read more about Selector Professional.
Selector Insight is the ideal, cost-effective, option for all roles up to and including middle management. Selector Insight provides a snapshot of a candidate’s personal style, ideal working environment, ideal job characteristics, resilience to stress and, optionally, their verbal, numerical, logical and overall reasoning. Read more about Selector Insight
Selector Insight also has industry-specific variants: Selector Graduate reports especially on candidates destined for professional services firms; Selector Retail is specifically tailored for candidates in the customer-facing retail sector.
By examining the behaviours critical to success in the role, Selector Professional shows you how well a candidate fits an existing team.
It provides powerful insights into a candidate’s motivations, determines any performance gaps and identifies training needs.
Candidates complete Selector Professional in one 2½-hour sitting. With expert analysis and interpretation, we then produce a comprehensive report and provide valuable feedback through a strategic leadership development and coaching session.
- Verbal, numerical, logical and spatial reasoning
- Intellectual and general reasoning
- Vocational preferences
- Interpersonal interaction style
- Work style
- Resilience and ability to handle stress
And what is the benefit of these measures?
- Understand how the person will interact with other people – the degree to which they are outgoing, dominant, tactful, socially dependent, team players
- How they approach their work – their level of attention to detail, energy and drive, caution
- How they cope when things go wrong – whether they get angry, withdrawn, doubt themselves or whether they thrive
- Vocational preferences – analytical, practical or creative
- Their ability to learn the technical skills necessary to do the job
What’s unique about Selector professional?
Selector Professional’s strength lies in its ability to identify how much a candidate prefers to do something, and how frequently they are doing it.
These two indicators help us identify a candidate’s motivation levels, determine any performance gaps and establish any training needs.
They also give insight into any disappointments experienced in their current role – an important way to determine if the offered role will repeat or avoid these disappointments.
We also graphed the inter-quartile range for Selector Professional’s scales comparing across several occupational groups.
Easy to use
Selector Professional will take a candidate about 2½ hours to complete online.
For accuracy, the questions are presented one at a time, and candidates cannot go back to ‘improve’ their answers.
It is an easy-to-use and effective tool that provides a detailed profile of an individual’s operational style. It can help you with prospect screening and selection, performance validation, leadership development and performance management.
It provides an objective, all-round snapshot of candidates, including general abilities, personality and work styles, even resilience to stress. It often forms the basis for team profiling and benchmarking.
Widely used by accredited human resource managers, employers and recruiting professionals, this online assessment generates a full, written and graphically illustrated report as soon as the candidate completes it.
- Personal Style – including self-confidence, openness to new ideas, extroversion, competitiveness and teamwork.
- Ideal Working Environment – it describes in practical terms the candidate’s preference for autonomy, interaction, complexity and numerous other job characteristics.
- Ideal Job – it orders candidate’s job preferences from the most to the least desirable. This helps to clarify whether the role will suit their interests and requirements.
- Resilience – Selector Insight measures a candidate’s typical reactions to pressure and stress and compares that with the average reaction across several factors, including anxiety, withdrawal, distraction and physical reactions to stress.
- Ability Measure (Optional Feature) – a candidate’s verbal, numerical, logical and overall reasoning abilities.